Monday, June 2, 2008


This is pretty much what I feel like while I am actually running/jogging as I am teaching my body to do so. Homer...you are my inspiration.

Seriously though, I half-heartedly started the "Couch to 5K" program a few weeks ago, but only after a day into it, I left for a work trip to San Francisco. I started up again last week and ran on Tuesday and Thursday of last week (2 of the 3 days a week suggested.) I'm doing day 3 today.

In order better complete this goal of mine, I downloaded podcasts of this program from a dude named Robert Ullrey. He has the whole program timed out along with some hip, techno music for you to listen to as you run/walk. He provides a 5 min. walking warm-up and cool-down, and then has the running intervals timed out so you don't have to. He even tells you what a great job you did at the end (even if you think you look like you run like Phoebe from Friends and are a giant sweaty mess).

So, two days down, one more to go for Week 1. 8 weeks to go.

Alison

PS Still upset that I can't take my recyclables to the collection dumpster by McDonald's and instead have to wait for the weekends to unload. I'm never here on weekends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your new grown up approach to blogging :-)