Thursday, June 5, 2008

I have to go where??? And when???


The City of Charleston, due to some budget restraints, had to move the 24-hr. recycling container that used to reside near McDonald's. Apparently the good people of the Chuck were recycling TOO MUCH!! The city and Coles County split the cost of having it picked up every time it's full and apparently pick-ups were needed too frequently and they couldn't afford to have it open all the time.

So, instead, they moved the "dumpster" to some remote location I have yet to find and it's only open on weekends. If I can help it, I'm usually not here on weekends, and haven't been since Memorial Day. Since I'm a good little re-cycler (but could probably do better), I have trash piling up around my kitchen! I will be here this weekend and can't wait to get rid of this stuff tomorrow or Saturday.

On a sidenote, a group within the Leadership Coles County class I participated in studied the feasibility of having curbside recycling in Coles County, or the very least, Charleston. I have reached out to the Mayor to volunteer for any efforts they might take on to make this happen, but haven't heard anything substantive just yet.

No comments: