Saturday, January 3, 2009

A long December, and there's reason to believe, maybe this year will be better than the last...

2008 - The Good


Spent NYE 2007 with a group of good friends from home, dressed as a pirate.

I had the pleasure and honor of attending the weddings of: Katie (Strejc) & Sean Fischer, Aimee (Showers) & Shine Lin, and Caleb & Kim Judy

Spent a wonderful weekend visiting awesome college friends in Findlay, OH. The bad: puked on twice by Baby Alex.

Shared good times with friends in Decatur.

Learned to trust my instincts, see red flags, listen to and trust my friends' and family's instincts (even after the fact), and really figure out what I want and deserve.

Lake of the Ozarks - almost dying in a potentially capsized pontoon boat, but meeting new friends :)

Visited old college friends in Chicago while taking an LSAT prep course. (Still trying to decide when to actually take the exam.)

Spent a weekend in Tennessee with college friends, went whitewater rafting and learned of Baby Minton!

Deciding to return to grad school and getting an A and a B!!!

Ran my first EVER 5K!!!

Helped to plan and host an extremely successful 10-year high school reunion

Jamby Crawl 2008 - 80's Hollywood (Flashdance baby!)

Home for the holidays, always good.

Celebrating the impending arrival of Baby Jacob and learning about Peanut Weber-Johnson!

Spending a fun NYE 2008 with pals in Memphis, TN!



2008 - The Bad & Ugly

Continued family drama over the death of Great-G'ma

The break-up and, I'm not too ashamed to admit it, lingering hostility and a little pleasant vindication for myself.

My friends' family health issues

Co-workers' family health issues/deaths


All in all, I give 2008 a B-. It could have been worse I suppose and I am truly thankful for the many, many, many blessings I do have. Not the least of which have been my friends near and far that have listened to me cry, complain, speak in triplicate when inebriated, put up with whatever I throw down. I hope I've done the same for them and will continue to work toward that end in the coming year.

Speaking of...resolutions coming shortly.

No comments: