Friday, January 9, 2009

2009 Resolutions...or, things I'd like to do before I'm 30.

**So I realize today is January 9th. I don't care. I put a lot of thought into these resolutions/goals and am just now posting them.

1. Take more risks - at work, with my personal life, fashion, etc. Not the "get yourself fired" kind of risks or anything, but try to push the envelope and encourage progressive thinking at work as much as I can. And, life is too short not to take risks that could result in happiness!

2. WORK OUT! I've been on quite a bit of a slump since I ran my 5K in September. Between the crunch of midterms through the end of the semester and the typical holiday sloth, it's time to kick it back into gear. I'd like to run a half marathon sometime before the end of the year and generally, be in as good, if not better shape than I was in September.
(*As of this posting I've been to the gym everyday this week.)
2(a). If you have any ideas, suggestions, races to run, etc. please pass those along. :)

3. Curb procrastination! Do homework and readings when assigned instead of at the last minute. Stay ahead of the game if possible.

3. Keep track of finances using (shameless plug) mint. com. So far, I love it.
3(a). Pay off car payment. Should be done this year!!!
3(b). Start an IRA.

4. Read the remaining unread books on my shelves and read 15 new, preferably some classics.

5. Say NO! Sometimes you just have to prioritize and say no to some things.

6. Learn to play guitar and/or piano. (Not sure when or how I will accomplish this just yet. Summer project?)

7. Take my lunch to work. Or, don't waste gas driving less than a mile home for lunch. It's nice to get out of the office during the day, but it's just as easy to make something ahead of time and take time to read the newspaper at the office instead. I will miss my guilty pleasure of "Days of Our Lives" though. :(

8. Visit friends more often. Travel more.

9. Entertain friends new and old at home.

10. Get my apartment more organized, purge things/clothes/items/paperwork I don't need, and simplify.

Need some fun ideas for your own resolutions/future plans? Check out this fun list:
http://www.womenshealthmag.com/life/new-year-resolutions-you-can-keep?cat=11678

**EDIT: 11. Buckle down, sign up for the June 2009 LSAT, study, and get the darn thing over with so part II of my 5-year plan can begin.

4 comments:

k8 said...

These appear to be very well thought out. I'm kinda jealous...best wishes on accomplishing them ALL.

Alison said...

Thanks Kate!

Johnny Yen said...

I'd put off #3 for a while if I were you. You don't want to rush things.

Alison said...

Ha ha...nice one!