Thursday, September 11, 2008

T-minus 9 days

9 days until the race...

I ran a little under 30 minutes tonight. I took a couple of walking breaks though because, again, my shins were bothering me. I tried a couple of stretches I saw here, but it still didn't keep my shins from hurting whenever I thudded my feet down on the treadmill. Maybe if I ran faster, I wouldn't feel like I was stomping along and rather gliding....ah, sounds lovely, but realistically I'm afraid I won't be able to sustain a faster speed (usually I've set the treadmill to about 5.4-5.5) and will get burnt out. Besides, from what I read about shin pain it's from doing too much too soon. The last thing I want to do is expedite that.

Suggestions are welcome for exercises, stretches, whatever for shin stress. Write me at amormino@gmail.com or, since these updates show up there, Facebook me. Thanks!

No comments: