Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Back at it!

Ok kids...I'm back. I took some weeks off, kept working out sporadically, but didn't do much hard-core running training.

But, all that changes this week. I have just about a month to go before the race in Decatur. I found a new plan that takes about 5 weeks to work on and I'm two days in. So, here's the deal:










Hopefully, you can see that. If not, it's basically some short runs during the week, resting or cross-training on alternate days and then a longer run on the weekend. Piece of cake, right???

We shall see. I was at the Rec last night and did 26 minutes on the elliptical trainer, day one complete. Tonight, I ran for 10 minutes on the treadmill with a 5 minute warm-up and 5 minute cool-down. And the verdict? I feel great! 10 minutes wasn't so bad at all (although around the last 2 minutes not even Joe Biden was enough to keep me from looking down waiting for the seconds to tick away).

Now tomorrow, as has been my experience all summer, I am getting derailed on my plan. Just when I have a few days under my belt, something comes up. I am NOT a morning person and I don't see myself getting up early to get the cardio in tomorrow morning, I have class right after work until about 5:15pm and then I'm heading to Decatur to watch the Democratic convention with some of my Democratic pals until late in the evening I'm sure. The question remains then, do I count tomorrow as an "off day" and then hit it again with running 15 minutes cold on Friday? To further complicate plans, I'm playing golf Friday afternoon. The last thing I'll want to do is get up early Friday morning to run or come home after golfing and then run.

But, stay tuned friends, I'm going to make a better effort to stay on track and keep you all (?) updated as to my progress. Thanks for reading!

No comments: