I've been thinking of a "Year In Review" type post for the last few days and just happened upon this meme instead. Stay tuned for a similar post though after the New Year!
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Rolled down a hill in a plastic bubble (Zorb)
Traveled to Arizona, California, and North Carolina for work.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I'll have to find them, but I think I did pretty well considering an interesting (shiteous) first third of the year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Sarah A., Sarah B. and learned Lindsay M. was pregnant!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not this year.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
More time to spend with friends and family.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Honestly? For better or worse, March 10.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Maintaining my sanity while working full-time and attending graduate school part-time.9. What was your biggest failure?
I've come full circle, but I'd say trying, and usually failing, to think positively in painful situations. Additionally, not thinking really hateful things about some people who crossed my path this year.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing more than a cold or two. Oooh, and some hangovers. Yikes.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new laptop in February!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Tough one! I'm sure I couldn't narrow it down to just one.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Fortunately, it occurred early in the year (thus not spoiling the rest of my time!) and anyone who knows me, knows who I am referring to.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent, car payment, then credit card debt.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
New Kids on the freakin' Block!
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
"I'm Yours" - just for fun
"Stupid Boy" - on repeat
"So What" - also on repeat
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
- i. happier or sadder? Happier!
- ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner!
- iii. richer or poorer? Richer!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Work out, practice my trumpet, study for the LSAT (still have a while though), play with Hunter
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Surfing the internet, doubting/blaming myself, being angry
20. How will you be spending New Year’s?
Celebrating on Beale St. in Memphis with Kathy, Lydia, Mike, Ben and Chuck
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Delusion might better describe it.
23. How many one-night stands?
Hmm...hey! I'm a good girl!
24. What was your favorite TV program?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I'm stealing this comment: "I resent certain peoples' behaviors and I make conscious choices to minimize my exposure to these behaviors...I just hate peoples' choices at times." I tend to agree, but I kinda hated on some folks. Meh.
26. What was the best book you read?
Before I had to read a pile of journals for class, I read "Dreams of My Father" by the President-Elect. Starting on the "Audacity of Hope" now.
27. What was your greatest musical (re)discovery?
Thunder Road - The Boss
28. What did you want and get?
A speaker dock for my glorious iPod
29. What did you want and not get?
Nothing much really. Pretty darn satisfied.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I'm going with "The Dark Knight" or "Juno."
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Hm, not much really. I turned 28.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Studying for, taking and rocking the LSAT. February (or June) or bust!
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Work clothes or jeans and t-shirts.
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Seriously? This is a question? The election of President-Elect Barack Obama. DUH!
37. Who did you miss?
Family and friends I don't get to see often. Decatur friends, Weller friends, Southern Illinois friends.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I can't narrow that down!!
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
To not reflect too much on the past, but learn from it.
Forgive (sort of), but don't forget.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:"I get by with a little help from my friends"